I just wanted to write a short note to inform any interested readers that I am in the process of setting up a Limited WIP Society in the Rhein-Main region (the region around Frankfurt). A Limited WIP Society is a user group mostly for those interested in David Anderson’s Kanban method for supporting evolutionary change in your knowledge work and product development processes and systems.
Some of the other topics relevant for a Limited WIP Society include:
- Flow-based product development
- The Theory of Constraints
- Lean Systems
- Systems and Complexity Thinking
- Modern management methods in general
I have set up a Xing group that as of writing already has 21 members, and I have planned the first meetup which will be an informal gathering at a restaurant later this month. If you are interested in any of the topics mentioned above then please come along. I hope to see enough interest in organizing a regular meetup. Ideally in a location more suited to other formats like the lean coffee format or talks.
The first meetup will be somewhat casual, focussing on getting to know each other, sharing our experiences and tips, and making plans for future events.
You join the Limited WIP Society Rhein-Main here: Limited WIP Society Rhein-Main Xing group
You can register for the first meetup here: First meetup of the Limited Society Rhein-Main
Here are some other interesting links:
- Website for the global Limited WIP Society
- Limited WIP Society Germany Xing group
- A list of other German-speaking Limited WIP Societies
- The Lean Systems Society – parent society and sponsor of the Limited WIP Societies
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you at the next meetup!